Many new mothers and fathers automatically go to the Pack N Play when considering where their child will be safest sleeping away from home. There are other options that they may not consider right away, and one of them is a travel crib. Travel cribs can be much better than Pack N Plays because they are designed for a baby to sleep in. Something designed for a specific reason is more likely to be safer than something that can double and triple as other things. The BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light is one of the highest rated travel cribs. See the specific information below, but first, check out why you want a travel crib at all.
Reasons to Consider a Travel Crib:
– It is easily portable. This is the main reason to buy a travel crib at all. You want something that you can easily take to Grandma’s house or a hotel if necessary. You want to make sure that your baby has a safe sleeping environment away from home. It is also easily used in the home. It’s a great option if you initially want your baby in your room with you before moving the baby into a separate nursery. Then you don’t need to buy a separate bassinet.
– It folds up compactly. A great feature of a travel crib is that you can fold it up. With many portable cribs, that isn’t an option. A travel crib is much easier to transport from one place to another where are portable cribs aren’t usually due to their weight and size. Parenting is difficult as it is and if you can have products that make things even a little bit easier, they can be greatly worth it.
– It is a safe sleeping environment. Many times with a Pack N Play, you should buy an additional mattress if the baby will be sleeping in it overnight. Pack N Plays are only adequate for naps due to the lack of support. One of the most important things is having a mattress that is firm. Babies need more support than adults do, and you need to make sure that whatever you put your baby down to sleep in has this support.
– It is smaller and lighter than most portable cribs. If you’re getting a portable crib, it stands to reason that you’re going to be using it for overnight trips either with or away from the baby. You don’t want something that is difficult to move and doesn’t fit in your car easily. What was even the point of buying it then? You need something that you can move with ease much like when shopping for strollers.Click Here To Read Specifications, Customer Reviews and Rating
- Simple to set up and fold up
- Easy to transport to other locations as it is only 13 pounds.
- The sides are soft and made of airy mesh fabric.
- The mattress cover and crib fabric are easily removed and are machine washable.
- The fabrics used are free from allergenic and harmful substances.
- The pad in the bottom is thicker than those in a Pack N Play.
- It is easy to get in and out of the truck of the car.
- The sides are angled inward which makes the crib more stable.
- It is really easy and fast to set up and take down.
- This product boasts of a “soft and comfy mattress” so I would double check and make sure it’s firm enough for a small infant.
- One reviewer on Amazon noted that it is too large to carry on to a plane.
- The bottom of it touches the ground which makes it harder for shorter parents to lower the baby in and also may affect the baby sleeping if the floor is cold.
- It is only useful for sleeping and doesn’t double as a play pen due to its size.
- The legs stick out and are a trip hazard.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT BABYBJORN TRAVEL CRIB LIGHT:
- What ages is the BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light appropriate for?
- It is designed for children from birth up until about three years of age. When the child attempts to climb out of the crib, you should stop using it.
- What is the weight limit?
- There is no weight limit on the crib as the mattress pad is directly on the floor. You should evaluate this based on age and height of the child instead.
- What is the different between past versions and the newest version with mesh fabric?
- The crib is basically the same, but the material is new. The mesh fabric goes all the way to the floor, making it easy to keep an eye on your child.
The BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light is a good option for a travel crib, whether traveling to Grandma’s or just another room in your house. I would still be weary of the soft mattress to make sure that it is firm enough for a small baby and evaluate how you feel about it being directly on the floor. You can always look into getting a firmer mattress, provided that it can fit into this travel crib.Buy BABYBJORN TRAVEL CRIB LIGHT on Amazon