Many new mothers and fathers automatically go to the Pack N Play when considering where their child will be safest sleeping away from home. There are other options that they may not consider right away, and one of them is a travel crib. Travel cribs can be much better than Pack N Plays because they are designed for a baby to sleep in. Something designed for a specific reason is more likely to be safer than something that can double and triple as other things. The BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light is one of the highest rated travel cribs. See the specific information below, but first, check out why you want a travel crib at all.
Reasons to Consider a Travel Crib:
– It is easily portable. This is the main reason to buy a travel crib at all. You want something that you can easily take to Grandma’s house or a hotel if necessary. You want to make sure that your baby has a safe sleeping environment away from home. It is also easily used in the home. It’s a great option if you initially want your baby in your room with you before moving the baby into a separate nursery. Then you don’t need to buy a separate bassinet.
– It folds up compactly. A great feature of a travel crib is that you can fold it up. With many portable cribs, that isn’t an option. A travel crib is much easier to transport from one place to another where are portable cribs aren’t usually due to their weight and size. Parenting is difficult as it is and if you can have products that make things even a little bit easier, they can be greatly worth it.
– It is a safe sleeping environment. Many times with a Pack N Play, you should buy an additional mattress if the baby will be sleeping in it overnight. Pack N Plays are only adequate for naps due to the lack of support. One of the most important things is having a mattress that is firm. Babies need more support than adults do, and you need to make sure that whatever you put your baby down to sleep in has this support.
– It is smaller and lighter than most portable cribs. If you’re getting a portable crib, it stands to reason that you’re going to be using it for overnight trips either with or away from the baby. You don’t want something that is difficult to move and doesn’t fit in your car easily. What was even the point of buying it then? You need something that you can move with ease much like when shopping for strollers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What ages is the BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light appropriate for?
- It is designed for children from birth up until about three years of age. When the child attempts to climb out of the crib, you should stop using it.
- What is the weight limit?
- There is no weight limit on the crib as the mattress pad is directly on the floor. You should evaluate this based on age and height of the child instead.
- What is the different between past versions and the newest version with mesh fabric?
- The crib is basically the same, but the material is new. The mesh fabric goes all the way to the floor, making it easy to keep an eye on your child.
The BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light is a good option for a travel crib, whether traveling to Grandma’s or just another room in your house. I would still be weary of the soft mattress to make sure that it is firm enough for a small baby and evaluate how you feel about it being directly on the floor. You can always look into getting a firmer mattress, provided that it can fit into this travel crib.