This model is most likely the most innovative yet simple of all the designs reviewed. Designed from the ground up to help babies develop visually and cognitively from birth, the Wimmer-Ferguson Infant Stim-Mobile uses monochrome and high contrast images to increase early multi-sensory development. The Infant-Stim comes with ten different cards that you can swap out to create a spectrum of simple to complex images and color schemes that improve visual development.
All cards are labeled by age, allowing parents to change out cards as their child grows. Cords for mobile cards are fully adjustable so that the distance of graphic cards can be adjusted as your child’s vision changes. The card system is a research-based approach to creating opportunities for babies to engage and play in ways that stimulate their sensory development. Wimmer-Ferguson toys all use high contrast graphics to encourage pattern recognition, and they have many other offerings that coordinate with your Infant Stim-Mobile to stimulate other areas of your child’s development. Additionally, the unmotorized design allows the mobile to rotate naturally, and helps your child to develop movement and mobility techniques visually and kinesthetically (body movement).
I really like how simple the design is, and yet it offers so much in terms of guiding infant development and sensory stimulus. Integrating it with the existing toy line also makes it a very attractive offering for parents who are interested in helping their child develop cognitively and visually. I’d recommend this model for parents who want a simple mobile that has been custom designed to improve multi-sensory development from birth onward.
What we liked
- Research-based design improves infants sensory development
- Interchangeable card system based on age
- Integrated with developmental toy line
- Adjustable mobile cord to customize levels of focus as baby’s vision develops.
- Award-winning Wimmer-Ferguson infant collection
- Introduces infants to high contrast images for early visual development
- Interchangeable card system to help the mobile grow with your baby as they develop
- Labeled cards by age to help parents guide child’s development